Fiber Optics Cleaving and Stripping Tools available from Stock
AMS Technologies offers the full range of must-have tools for field or production – including processing and preparation tools for several types of fiber optic termination technologies.
We provide a broad range of tools for stripping and cleaving of optical fibers available from stock. Manual fiber and Kevlar cutters are used for quick and easy cutting of optical fibers in laboratory or field environments. Some models feature a breaker notch to break an optical fiber after scoring it with one of our fiber optic scribes, available with blades made from different materials like Ruby, Sapphire or Carbide.
Manual fiber optic strippers with one or up to three holes are used for various tasks like stripping the fiber jacket (e.g. 1.6 to 3 mm) down to the buffer coating (e.g. 600 to 900 µm or 250 µm), stripping the buffer coating to the fiber coating (e.g. 250 µm), or stripping the cable coating (e.g. 250 µm) down to the bare optical glass fiber (e.g. 125 µm) – without any nicks or scratches. Most manual stripping tools feature metal blades, while a smart fiber stripper uses replaceable plastic blades for less fiber stress and longer tool life.
Further devices available from stock include a fiber stripper and scissor kit, a manual tool for crimping FC, ST, SC, LC, SMA and MT-RJ fiber optical connector, as well as a dispenser bottle or lint-free wipes.
In addition to the range of manual tools available from stock, we support various systems dedicated to preparation and processing of optical fibers.
Typical applications include:
- Mechanical cleaving of perpendicular or angled end faces with automated mechanical connector cleavers and electronic fiber cleavers, also for large-diameter fibers
- Stripping of optical fibers with thermal stripper systems for window stripping and/or end face stripping, also available as a plasma work station for combined stripping and cleaning
- Ultrasonic cleaning of bare fibers and fiber end faces , either as stand-alone units or integrated in preparation or processing systems
- End face preparation for large-diameter fibers
- Splicing of optical fibers for diameters ranging from 80 µm up to 1.7 mm with automated splicing and combiner manufacturing systems, also for large-diameter fibers
- Producing pump and output combiners
- Tapering of optical fibers to generate mode adapters
- Laser shaping of optical fibers or capillaries to realize distinctive end-face characteristics with lens forming stations for processing a fiber end into a ball lens or processing a spherical, aspheric or asymmetric lens directly onto the end of an optical fiber.
- Capillary speed loading for manufacturing fiber bundles
In our range of tools, we also offer laser cleavers for the demand for more sophisticated laser-based cleaving tools that yield end face termination with close to 100% repeatability.
The product range is completed by equipment for recoating fibers with acrylate or polyimide.
This range of manual tools and systems is ideal for preparation and processing of single mode (SM), multi mode (MM) or polarization maintaining (PM) optical fibers, either for manufacturing fiber components like WDMs, combiners, splitters or couplers or for assembling the optical fiber into fiber connectors mounted on optical fiber patch cables, bundles and assemblies.
For the latter field of application, AMS Technologies can also offer an end-to-end solution for the assembly and test of optical connectors that is exactly tailored to your requirements. In addition to this category of tools for preparation and processing of optical fibers, our broad portfolio provides tools, components and materials for polishing fibers and connectors, gluing and curing the fiber into the connector, adding fiber connector parts, cleaning the end face with our large array of cleaning tools, and finally testing the results of assembling, polishing and cleaning your connector with microscopes, interferometers as well as handheld and automated test equipment measuring return loss.