AMS Technologies provides a range of complete diode lasers as turnkey, application-ready systems. Available at most wavelengths between 400 and 2050 nm and output power ranges from sub-mW right on up to 400 W, our free-beam or fiber-coupled diode laser sources feature low noise, high stability and (where needed) highest output power.
Handheld, single- or dual-wavelength fiber optic diode laser sources are available as receptacle-style or pigtail-style systems with a variety of wavelengths. These diode laser systems provide continuous output but can also be pulse-modulated internally. A series of compact, single-frequency diode laser sources features a sub-MHz linewidth and output powers in the range of 8 mW to 15 mW that may be post-amplified by an integrated EDFA.
The benchtop polarized fiber optic sources feature a manually rotatable polarizer, allowing the user to adjust the polarization axis to any desired angle, and can be ordered as either receptacle or pigtail style version with output wavelengths from 400 to 2050 nm.
Our highly stable diode laser sources in desktop form factor feature a built-in thermoelectric (TEC) cooler to maintain the laser diode at a stable temperature and an isolator to reduce effects of backreflection – also available as polarized sources, providing light polarized by as much as over 40 dB, ideal for precise measurements.
High-power, fiber-coupled diode laser systems are available with wavelengths ranging from 635 nm to 980 nm and output powers up to 400 W, suitable for material processing, medical therapeutics and other applications.
We also take enquiries regarding custom wavelengths, custom mounting/housings and tailored system design for specific applications (e.g. medical), please contact the AMS Technologies diode laser experts to discuss your customized diode laser solution.
Our breadth of experience in industrial and academic applications for all of our diode lasers is unrivalled. In addition, we provide comprehensive support including installation, service, spare parts and training to new and existing customers.
We offer a broad range of complementary products:
- Laser diodes (components) and laser diode modules for OEM applications
- Ultra-compact and highly reliable laser diode drivers addressing the requirements for low-, medium- and high-power laser diodes, bars, stacks and modules. Our laser diode drivers provide constant current or constant power mode with industry-leading stability, some models also featuring external modulation, computer control or including a TEC temperature controller for stabilizing the laser diode’s temperature.
- Laser cooling solutions for reliably cooling laser diodes, modules and systems: our very wide thermal management portfolio ranges from thermoelectric, Peltier modules (TECs), heat sinks and fans to TEC-based plate to air thermal management assemblies like our mini direct cooling thermoelectric kit to liquid to air thermal management assemblies like recirculating chillers.
- Laser safety products, including protective eyewear as well as laser safety windows, curtains and cabins
- Precision optics, manufactured of various optical materials and coated to very specific and demanding tolerances, including disk-shaped optical beamsplitters, optical scanners and deflectors, optical mirrors, windows, filters, lenses, prisms, polarization optics or etalons.
- Optomechanics and motion control like optical mounts, rotary and translation stages, optical tables, breadboards and platforms
- Optical test and measurement equipment
Our range of diode laser sources or systems are complete, ready-to-use diode lasers, including the laser diode, driving circuitry, laser diode cooling technology (where applicable) and power supply.
Featuring standard interfaces for power supply (mains cable or 12/24 VDC connection) and possibly PC control (RS232, USB, etc.) as well as in many cases a direct user interface on the device itself, these diode laser systems can for instance be used stand-alone on a laboratory workbench.
For laser diodes (components) or laser diode modules, that can be either designed or integrated into an OEM diode laser system, please have a look at our range of laser diodes and modules.
Alternative Terms: Diode Laser Source; Diode Laser System